Monday, June 25, 2007

Week 4, Thing 7

My jump into the technology pool:
This should not have taken me too long to post, but I am finally getting around to it today. I am not usually a fan of technology due to my formerly problematic PC and dial-up internet connection... however, as a child growing up in the 90's... video games were always great! I have probably played almost every system except for the brand new ones, starting with Intellivision and Burger Time, ( I know, I never played Atari). Anyway... this leads me to my new love for my Nintendo DS. I just got an internet browser for the system that will allow me to surf the net with Wi-Fi hotspots, such as our lovely branch. I also saw that I can get a plug-in USB port wi-fi adaptor for my house using our desktop computer. I think this is awesome and alleviates my need to surf the web on my Palm Pilot, which is quite difficult. Besides this new contraption for the internet, the games are pretty great and travel friendly.

I'm also excited about my new iPod that should be arriving shortly, but I will probably hinder its potential by limiting it to a music player, but I look forward to consolidating my CD collection onto this nifty little gadget. I am however worried about the battery life of a rechargeable battery, considering I am an avid music fan and curious how many charges the battery will hold thanks to the little note on the box.

I think I am finally starting to like technology... now that it's working for me.

No comments: